Wednesday, October 26, 2011

apologies + giving significance

Gone are the days where I used to update my blog at least once a week, and post posts that will somehow encourage different ones who stumble/follow this blog. I have been caught up with my teaching that I hardly have anytime for this anymore, but today I just had this sudden thought to check on my blog and I remember why I started writing this again, and I remembered that I wrote

"My heart is that through this blog, lives can be touched, bring encouragement and revival to their hearts. "

I do apologize that I have not been doing that lately but I will try and update my blog more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do however has learnt something for the past month on leadership which is to give significance.

Have you ever been to a conference and experienced something great? Have you ever been to a restaurant and the food tasted like heaven? If you answered yes, then there's got to be someone who has had a hand in making that happen.

Say 'thank you' - people love it when they are appreciated, they feel valued. It's simple but sometimes we don't do that often!

Text them, phone them and let them know! People will wonder if the things they did really was significant. Let them know that they count and they ARE significant.

Here's an excerpt from an email that I received from my high school teacher 2 years ago after telling her how much her teaching has helped me do well in my IELTS exam.

Hi Jason,
I can't tell you how much your email has meant to me. It is so rare in this job to get any sort of thank you, but your email helps me continue to believe that even though many students don't say it, they are thankful for the work we put in. Well done on your IELTS result. I still continue to examine IELTS and know how rare such a great result is.

Be a person that will give significance today! :)

17 comments:

Daniel said...

I love how you took the time to email her. I made similar experience with people being extremely encouraged by a simple thank you. This inspired me to do that more often! Thanks for the post! keep it up!

Jason Lee said...

Hey Dan, thx. I was actually inspired by your post in the power of encouragement which reminded me to do the same :)

Daniel said...

That's awesome, seems like we inspire each other ;)

Jin The Nameless said...

Thank you for reminding us to say thank you.

mallikarjun said...

good work ......

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Anonymous said...

Hey...........has anybody checked out my site?

Casey Serin here just seeing what's shakin' wit everybodyz.

Come on over to island 2025.com. It's a party baby.

Casey Serin.

You know me.

Shitz.. I gotz games...you know.

Anonymous said...

Make fast money here

Anonymous said...

Nice Post Keep Sharing
This Pak U tube beautiful Video Site Is hosted On blogger
This IS the 1st Video Design Template For Blogger
------------
Pakistani Tv Comedy Shows
------------
Hum Sab Umeed Say Hain Latest
------------
27th November 2011 Khabar Naak
------------
Best PTC Sites
------------

BloggMaster said...

hello, visit my blog..

vending machine said...

CAN Vending Solutions puts tremendous emphasis on customer service as we put our customers first. At CAN Vending, we understand that our success will come from the satisfaction of our customers and their staff/members. At CAN Vending, we will make recommendations to our customers about the best drinks and snacks.

massage bed toronto said...

The post is very informative. It is a pleasure reading it. I have also bookmarked you for checking out new posts.

Security Guard Brampton said...

Interforce International offers Security Guards, Guard Patrol Services, Security Officers, Security Guard Officer Service and much more!

vet toronto said...

It is a pleasure going through your post. I have bookmarked you to check out new stuff from your side.

air conditioner repair said...

5Star AC Filter is full service air-conditioning & heating company serving Katy & greater Houston area. We are all about air – cool air, warm air, clean air & high efficiency air conditioning at our lowest possible cost. With our certified expert technicians, your satisfaction guaranteed.

GRAHAM SERVICES said...

Graham Services is your one-stop solution to your home or business services needs. We strive to combine our extensive background of labor and skilled services and expertise and an extensive list of various services with our exceptional customer service to meet our clients needs on time and on budget

Unknown said...



Today, most girls do become more aware of the latest fashion sense.real estate lawyers
For designers and brands, they can only pop out in the fashion industry and stand the time test if they keep updated with the newest expectations from customers and live up to them. But as for fashion devotees, they will make fabulous statements with their styles, tastes and approaches to life once being meticulous about their looks.