Saturday, October 17, 2009

Probation performance review

I had my probation review few days ago and it was scary.... there was a chance where after my 3 months probation I might either keep or lose my job. Obviously it has been more than 3 months and so I've kept my job but my performance for the past 3 months is scary.

It's intimidating how you sit in the office in front of your manager ( + shes a female which adds more to the intense atmosphere) and we're in this wide open space anything can be said.

Overall my manager was pretty happy with my performance. Giving me VG and G in all categories. no average or below average. I won't be getting excellent because she said she's strict >=( anyhooowww, here are some summary from the review
  • I'm polite and considerate internal and external, progressing well
  • Willing to help customers, and I get along well with the staffs and takes cares of the 'girls' well. (there's no male in front office)
  • Gaining confidence and showing initiative

IMO its pretty good review however like all reviews there are areas we can improve on and my improvement is to work on engaging guests more and coming out of my shell so the 'real Jason' will shine and start performing well. its a fair comment, and I agree strongly... yes I can do my work well however me holding back abit and honestly struggling a bit to get out and talk more to guest is a problem for me. However I really thank God for such lovely colleagues in my workplace who are so super friendly and open, so I'm slowly building my confidence in talking to aussies :)

an hour later after all that nerve-wrecking review, I was summoned to the office and my manager said because I'm such a good worker they believe I deserve a reward and they offered me a Rainforest Cruise to catch crab, eat seafood and after that a tour to tropical world farm to taste exotice fruits!!! wahhhh!!! She asked if I wanted it and I told her 'if they could get a spot for two then I'll go, if not its alright and I won't go' WHAT? HOW COULD YOU JASON to pass an amazing offer worth close to $200?? as much as I would like to go I rather go with someone so I can enjoy the tour if not im all on my own and it would be super boring.

anyway after that she said she'll see what she could do and she'll let me know.... sooooo just in case, if there's rainforest cruise trip for two , you lucky readers of jasonkid87.blogspot.com might have a chance of winning a rainforest cruise with me!! just leave a comment on 'why is jason so cool to you??' and the best answer wins the prize!!!

hahahha I'm joking (or am I), I always wanted to do that like those celebrity bloggers always having this contest thing XD In the end I just want to thank God for blessing me with this job and helping me grow and mature in my workplace, next step is to build relationships, see souls saved, and I noticed a lot of people who can't walk properly and even blind people( I don't know but there's just something about me and praying for eyes) are there which I would really love to see a miracle in the hotel!!!

No comments: