Thursday, July 16, 2009

Take all of me....

One thing that Belle preached last Sunday really strucked me was how when she first became a Christian, she was so on fire for God that she would do Anything at all for God! She then begin to start a prayer meeting in her workplace immediately, the top people from management would even come for the prayer meeting!! How cool is that? Funny thing was she said looking back now it was kinda embarassing but aren't we like that?

I became a Christian when I was a youth at a youth camp, I remembered the time when I first felt the Love of God and gave my life to him. I would then walk about 40min under the hot sun every saturday to youth group B because my parents was working. That was how hungry and thirsty I was to encounter God. I remembered to want to preach in my own youth group A right away, and want to inspire and impact the lives of the youth because of what we encountered during camp. I even wrote it down ready to preach and asked the person in charge if I could do it.. obviously he said no because I was still a 'youth' and 'young'. I remembered I would do anything as well! I would tell off my parents that God can Heal and you dont need to buy medicines, I would then always find opportunity to tell my friends about Jesus.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still doing that but God is reminding me again my first love, my first passion for Him and to live a different life from who I was. God was convicting me that we would do those because we had childlike faith, we believe that God can do anything through us, because as we are more mature in age we would tend to give reasons like 'ooh, that person has a very hard heart, oh... I can't speak to someone not from my culture, oooh I'm afraid to go and ask that person if I can pray for healing for him' where was that? I would do that when I was a youth "not saying I'm old =P " but yea God was reminding me that passion I had for him and wants to stir that fire in me again.
Lord take all of me for all of you.
Give me a childlike faith..
One that will believe your word , never doubts and questions but would obey wholeheartedly
The things which are impossible with men are possible with God. —Luke 18:27

No comments: