Wednesday, July 01, 2009

The One with the Job

After 5 months of praying, fasting, moulding my character, breaking and guidance from God, God finally provided me with a permanent part-time job in a 4.5 star resort. It really took a lot of perseverance and in the mean time God was providing weekly with just enough to survive with rent, groceries and fuel.. just barely. It was my first ever interview and I nailed it!

When I told Cheryl that I had an interview she literally screamed happily as if I just got engaged....and when I announced it in life group today it was the same reacion.. man I'm so blessed to have people around me that really supports and encourage you.

One thing I learnt a lot through this journey of getting this job but one thing I would like to share was not to settle for second best and believe that God has something bigger planned for you. I was actually complaining to God that I know I deserve something more, Im not meant to be in Maccas (not that its a bad thing) but I know I'm meant for something greater and true enough God confirmed to me when he showed me how Joseph was called to be someone great but he was in Prison, but God then took him from being in Prison to becoming a great man in Egpyt. So I was like.. wow! Ok I claim that promise along with the verse he gave me in Mark 10:24 '.....Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have recieved it and it will be yours' Revelation I got was the moment you stop praying for something, you have lost your faith in it, So time to time God has been strengthening me and growing me to be ready for the job.

So it's a Concierge Job and tomorrow's my first day at work, hopefully it'll go well. Will update more soon ,gotta go to bed now cos I have to wake up at 4.45 am to get ready for work at 6 -.-

It's a miracle how I got the job (even in the midst of recession) and its truly by God's grace...
Interviewer: 'In your resume I see that you wrote you've worked as a Porter before, tell me more about that'
Me: 'Oh nothing much, just carrying and unloading bags thats all'

No comments: