Thursday, September 04, 2008

Relationships

wow wow wow I mean just wow! Had shepherding with Ps Lance and I think it was the first shepherding I had with him since a year ago and it was great for Lance to come over and shepherd us when Fabian was away but I just want to blog and share about this thing that Ps lance shared with us boys. I'll try to remember what he shared because it was over dinner and because I was so into the discussion that I forgot all about my note book and pen -_-

So how do we know its the right person?
  • One of them is how do they react to people above authority e.g. their shepherds and pastors because when you get married , men are the leaders of the house and therefore this shows how they react to people above authority
  • how do they treat/react to people under authority ? e.g. their sheep, new members
    why? because this shows how she would treat her children
  • Are they humble?
  • Are they growing spiritually? and this one really hits me because if you're growing and she's not then in the future she may be something that might hinder you from growing because you have to slow down to her pace, then again if they're growing to fast and you're far behind then you'll probably not ready/ or not the one for her.

    There was one example given , this UK missionary went to this place to do missions and he told his wife 'Don't come with me, stay back in the UK and I'll love and care you from there' why'd he say that? because he knew this wife couldn' take it and would slow his work down. might be a little extreme of an example but you get the point
  • this is another one that hits me... Do they have a vision/goal/ AND what is YOUR vision and goal. It's funny because God has give the command to Adam to be fruitful and multiply Before Eve was even there haha. I was like wow! I never noticed that. God has given Adam a vision, a vision to be fruitful and multiply but wheres Eve? In the end God did gave Adam Eve to help him with the vision, which points to the area that your partner will compliment with you ( not necessarily have the same vision) but he/she will help and support you in your vision for both parties.
  • Confidence and security - Where does your partner's security come from? Do they come to you first or God? Which is the point I already had in mind long time ago as well =) I don't like girls who are 'manja' or go I want this I want that, no call or msg a day and the girl will feel like the end of the world -_-

Another point is for us guys is that we have to know our vision/goal and the ability to lead, girls likes guys who takes charge and is a leader. If you can't lead her , then you can't lead the family. and girls don't get the wrong idea lol because guys are taught to love their wives as their own body , He who loves his wife loves himself =) eph 5:28

There's a good point on spearfishing but I can't really remember well what is it about again -_- but the point goes something like waiting patiently and once you know exactly sure which fish it is after observing and slowly following it . There's a satisfaction and sense of achievement once u catch it because you'll know for sure thats the one you're gonna devote your life to. Rather than blindly fishing, thinking its the right one but then its not because you didn't spend time to observe the fish. gah, I can't remember well but it's something like that la. I know I have fish brains =x

anyway these are the little things that were said, Im sure theres more but my brain can't think anymore because of the upcoming mid terms =.=

I was thinking next year when I start working, I'm going to start fishing
...........but then after the lesson and looking at where I'm at now........ maybe a bit later not so soon lol.

No comments: