Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Arrived Safely =)

WASSAP PEOPLE??

So as I promised I’ll write a mail when I’m all settled in Brisbane =) Okay let’s see I arrived here on the 11th of Feb, the flight was about 6-7 hours? The personal TV monitor screen I had wasn’t working and I asked the stewardess to help me but I don’t think she did cos the screen didn’t turn on for the whole trip. Sad, I had to lean over and look over to watch what the people in front of me were watching lol, They had the new Zorro movie and Elizabethtown? I WANT TO WATCH! Stupid screen wasn’t working =(( So I was listening to music, sleeping, reading book, sleeping, going to the loo, sleeping, reading, sleeping… urm yeah.. basically sleeping the whole trip heh. Was greeted by Rajan, Maria and My old fren Karthik from the airport. Good thing he had a car and was willing to pick me up cos it costs about 60+ to Rajan’s place.

I was stayin in Rajan’s place for 2 nights, the 2nd day in Brisbane was already awesome, Raj brought me to do some shopping and then in the late afternoon went for a church service. A fren brought us there, and it was great, cos after the service people just came and introduced themselves, had a lil chit chat and invited us for supper in a frens place. It was great really, my 2nd day in Brisbane and I have already met so many awesome frens, sadly it’s gonna be awhile till I get to see them again as I will be leaving for Gold Coast the next day which is FAR.

So on the 13th, Raj and I took a taxi to Gold Coast. It was a 45 min ride from his place to Gold coast and it costs a whopping $110!!!!!!(Taxis are expensive here) ARGH! What to do? I had a fren whos supposed to bring me to Gold coast but I couldn’t contact him.. no choice had to take taxi. Gold Coast’s a lovely place. Haven’t been to the beach, movie/sea world yet but I will soon ! =) Just got all my accommodation settled, nice place except there’s no AIR CORN!! And its really freakin hot here…. Seriously.. hotter than the afternoons in Brunei/Malaysia.

So Far Brisbane has been great, my classes starts somewhere on the 20th++ of Feb, I need to go for orientation and stuffs before that. I haven’t been eating proper meals cos the food is quite expensive here? A piece of roti canai costs $9 I heard. Bummer. Just been eating read-made meals, chips and sodas for lunch or dinner =s. Sometimes even skipped lunch lol. I’m getting Skinny!! >.<

Its great meeting and talking to the aussie people, because you go tell them you’re from Brunei.. they go ‘Where’s Brunei?’ And I had to take my fone out and explain to them where Brunei’s (my fone has a map ^^) and its funny how most of them go ‘Oh your English is good’ (wa of course haha, perasaan eh, jkjk.) because they never thought people from asian countries really speak English? Brisbane somehow just feels like Brunei but wif more ‘angmo’ and with a more beautiful environment I guess maybe the climate is the same that’s why I feel like that heh.

Anyhow that is what has been going on so far.. I’ll update y’all with more stuffs after a few weeks yea? Take care ppl, I really miss you guys…..and oh if you do come to Brisbane FIND ME! My number +61406776858 =P, address not sure yet… I’ll tell u all later heh.

till then Take care and Miss y'all!
God Bless
~Jay~

1 comment:

Lady Knight said...

hohoho... great time you had there eh? so looks like brisbane is hotter than adelaide... woa~

wa... so much fun... you should put some pics also... wanna see you and the places there...

yeah asian foods cost a bummer overseas... and asians also speak good english... ^^

take care! god bless...